When it comes to baking and cooking, parents know there are times that we just want to get the meal prepared without the helping hands of our sweet children — because we know that just doubles our prep time! But a recipe my kids love making with me — and I love having their helping hands — is my Yummy Banana Muffins. I usually add chocolate chips, and they become the kids’ dessert. And best of all, the muffins are a one-bowl and six-ingredient recipe. Enjoy!
Super Easy and Kid-Approved Yummy Banana Muffins
- 1 ½ c. whole wheat flour
- 3 overripe bananas
- ½ c. honey
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 c. avocado or melted coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add all six ingredients above and blend with a hand mixer for three minutes.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 375° for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for five minute.
- Makes 16 muffins.
- You can add ½ cup chocolate chips (my kids prefer semi-sweet).
- The muffins will stay fresh in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for two days. After that, put them in the refrigerator.
- If refrigerated, put the muffins in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm before serving.
- I use muffin cups, which makes it more fun for the kids. If you use them, spray them with Pam before filling.